Skip to content

July 3, 2010

I’ve almost finished my piece of Bunting…I spent yesterday evening hand sewing the triangle whilst listening to the Glossop String Orchestras. I’ve used some left over scraps of material – I think they had both been used as bag lining. I drew a triangle on paper (newspaper is good because its flexible) and used this as a template. I’ve hand sewn this and if you look closely at the picture you’ll see how uneven my hand sewing is! I’ve left a gap down one side to turn the triangle right side out – I marked this with 2 pins turned at rightangles to remind myself – and I reinforced my sewing at the opening by turning and sewinga few stitches back on myself.

bunting - showing the stitching

 

snipped corner

 

I trimmed the seams and snipped off the tips of the triangle to reduce the bulk there, so that it would have a strong point when turned. 

almost finished

 

I turned the triangle carefully so as not to rip out the stitches by the opening and used the tips of my small scissors to push the corners into shape.

I’ve pinned the opening and will stitch slip it to close.

I’m going to try a knitted bunting triangle next…

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: